Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Count Your Blessings

Well, I am home today. I was ready to come home after so many days away. We had a wonderful time and I look forward to putting all the photos in an album of some sort and remembering all the beautiful moments. While I was gone, I had plans to work in my art journal every night but found that I was so tired that I just didn't do it. I did manage to get a couple of pages done and here is one of them. I was thinking about how blessed I am. I get frustrated about things sometimes but when I take the time to look at the bigger picture I find lots of love around me. I just need to remember to take the time to look around and count those blessings. There was only room to name a few but I think it would be good to do a page like this on a regular basis and add to the list as I go. As I was reading in Luke 19 today, verse 26 really jumped out at me. It talks about King who was going away for awhile and left money with servants. When he got back from the trip he checked up on them to see how they had done. One did great and one just OK and one not so good at all.

Then in verse 26 it says, "Yes' the king replied, 'but to those who use well what they are given, even more will be given. But from those who are unfaithful, even what little they have will be taken away."

It made me consider all the blessings, gifts, talents and responsibilities that I have been given and if I was using them well? What would it take for me to use them well and what exactly have I been given to use well? I think that will be an ongoing conversation I will be having with the Lord so that I can answer those questions and feel confident of a positive answer.

No comments: