Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Boston Common

OK, the mystery was solved today when I saw this sign. Apparently bicyclists in Boston have different rules than cars, who knew. Cars go on green and bicycles stop. Of course I never did see them actually stop. It was really the craziest thing. We would be stopped at a red light and here would come a bicyclist fly by us right into the intersection against all traffic. People would do the same thing. We would have to stop and wait for them to cross the road while we had a green light and the people in the cars behind us blaring their horns. I'm not sure what they wanted us to do, run over the crazy people? Unbelievable for sure.


I went to Boston Common today and it was so beautiful. The weather was perfect and the sun was shining. It was filled with huge old trees, fountains and statues. I could have stayed there all day just wandering around looking at nature and people and enjoying the beautiful day


Today was the last day the swan was in the pond. There were men there with big nets trying to catch the Swan for the winter. It was quite entertaining to watch. I got a good picture of the swan but it was up close and I wanted you to see how amazing this pond is. The most peaceful place with lots of benches around to just sit and meditate. I also watched the many squirels burying nuts for the winter. It was hilarious. They dug pretty deep holes, laid the nut in the hole and carefully but quickly covered it over and then ran away. I have never seen a squirrel do that before and it just fascinated me. In fact, they had these little plots of dirt all over the park and now I wonder if it was just for that purpose. They seemed to have thought of everything. They had trash cans, recycling cans and doggy poo dispensers. Can you tell I am not from the city. I was amazed with it all. The apartments that lined the park went for the starting price of 3 million dollars. I saw one apartment with a beautiful garden on top. I could only see the parts hanging over the edge but it looked beautiful from street level. We ended our day by driving up to Maine and having a lobster dinner. The lobsters were huge too. YUM!

No comments: