Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Busy Week

My week is going by so fast and furious. I have hardly had any time to be creative. I have been doing a bit of art journaling though. I have been thinking about my trip to New England next week and how I will art journal while I am there. I don't want to travel with a lot of supplies so I have been limiting myself to only colored pencils and few pens. It really is a lot different process than using paint, ephemera and papers. It takes me longer and I put a lot more thought into design. Most of the time I just plop stuff on the page and let the page create itself. When I am gone on my trip I may not have a lot of time to work in my journal with all the sight seeing and picture taking of the fall colors. We are going to hit the peak just perfectly and I can hardly wait to get my new camera clicking. I will post a few pictures when I get back.

I am also taking Paulette Insall's face painting class on-line. I have a separate journal for practicing my drawings of faces. The class just started this week and I have learned so much already but let me tell you, I am going to need a lot of practice. Faces are not as easy as she makes it look. There is a lot to be said for talent and I'm wondering where mine went. Patience, patience, patience, that is what I need. Next week we get to start painting but I will be gone so I will have to catch up when I get back. Paulette will be at our art journal group tomorrow and I am so excited to get to meet her.

No comments: