Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Making Memories


Here is page one in my second art journal of 2008. The quote says, "I want to appreciate the times when moments are made into memories. " For me those times are when I am least expecting them. Times when I am just hanging around without an agenda. Yesterday and today I took a couple of hours to just sit with my kids and grandchild. Nothing in mind to do and it truly was glorious. I laughed so hard a couple of times over stupid stuff and those are the memories I want to remember. My grand baby has a poker face just like his mama used to when she was a little girl. He stared at me the longest time and I couldn't stop laughing. Finally when I stopped I told him it was his turn and I stared back. He started laughing then and I wish I had a video camera because it was precious. Or how about when my daughter twirled the baby up in the air and he drooled a bucket of spit right in her mouth. Or, and this is the best one, when I came home today and my grand baby reached out to me and gave me a big hug. When I am rushing around, those are memories I miss out on. The ones that fill up your heart with love. Why do I constantly have to remind myself to take these moments and slow down?

1 comment:

snazzykc said...

I love your inspiring words...