Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July. The day started with going out to lunch at Applebees. Then we met our good friends at their house and drove down to a mall and shopped around, ate dinner and then headed over to the St. Paul Rodeo. The weather was great and the rodeo was exciting. I went one time as a little girl but haven't been since. My kids were very perplexed when I told them where we were going. What they don't know is there is a cowgirl buried deep inside me. I would wear the fringed leather jacket, jeans, cowboy boots and hat if I thought I could get away with it. We even talked about moving to Montana at one time and I know I could wear that stuff there. I really enjoyed myself and I am glad our friends invited us along because I don't think I could have dragged my husband there on my own although he did have a good time too. I do own a pair of really great cowboy boots and would have worn them if it hadn't have been so hot. It was amazing the beating those cowboys get on those bucking bulls and horses. One guy got his hand stuck and when he fell off he couldn't get his hand loose and was whipped around and flipped quite a few times before his hand was released. It was really scary. Other than that it was all fun.

No comments: