Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer Heat

Yesterday, I went to SCRAP http://www.scrapaction.org/ with my niece. We dug through the junk to find treasures. I managed to come home with a large bag of stuff. Some of it was containers but I found these vintage postcards and had to use one in my art journal when I got home. The image is so sweet and the colors are so yummy. Quite a few of my pages this summer are created in these colors. I used the Bohemia transparencies for the first time and I think they are so pretty. I got those at http://www.paperdoll-co.com/. They had an amazing sale this last week. After we went to SCRAP we went to lunch at the Tin Shack or was is Tin Can, I can't remember but it was good food and so rustic. We had to wait quite a while for the food but it gave us a good time to talk and catch up with everything. At one point we wandered onto the topic of high school and I was laughing so hard I had to lay my head on the table. My niece can get me laughing like no one else. Usually it is in the middle of church or some other place you shouldn't be laughing but never the less, she gets me going and I can't stop. I remember quite clearly an Easter Sunday, sitting in church and she got me going. I held it in but then the whole pew shakes because of it. Just when I would finally get it under control, I would see her out of the corner of my eye and start all over again. It was so bad. When we got back to her house we stood outside and talked so long I think I got some color on my face. Which probably means the freckles are starting to pop. I will have to check.

No comments: