Friday, July 18, 2008

Good Friends

I got together with a friend of mine yesterday for lunch. She is moving to Nashville and it was the last time I will see her maybe forever, but at least for a long time. I remember the first day I met her as she showed up in a bible study I was leading. She has blossomed and grown so much since that day three years ago. I will miss her. We were talking about friendships because she has the ability to make really close friendships in a short time. She says it is because she is an army wife and moves so often. I think it is because of her tender and caring spirit. I have been thinking about my friends. I have some of the most amazing women as friends who are there if I ever need them. But everyone is so busy. I feel the need for daily friends who call to tell you stupid stuff and call and say I'm at Starbucks come and meet me. Friends that make as much effort in the relationship that you do and give you face time. I know I am not alone. As a society we have lost the ability to have community with one another. We are disconnected from one another. I was reading in Isaiah today and ran across this verse. Isaiah 30:18 - But the LORD still waits for you to come to Him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the LORD is a faithful God, Blessed are those who wait for Him to help them. That is one friendship that is always there, always faithful and He is always ready to spend time with me. I will wait for Him to help me in this quest for art journaling, daily friends. That was the other thing, I would love to find, some really good art journaling friends who share my passion in this area. Oly Oly Oxen free! Come out, come out where ever you are!

No comments: