Monday, March 30, 2009

We have finally made it to the cafe with internet but they only let you use it for a little bit so this is going to be a fast one. I hope you enjoy the photos and just know that I will have lots more when I get home. There is so much to say about this wonderful city. I am completely and utterly in love. We have had some really funny moments too. Lots of stories to tell after I get home. Here I am at the Paris Opera House. I loved the beautiful lamposts. The gold top on the building was spectacular too.


We could see the Eiffel Tower from the top of the Arc de Triomphe. It took my breath away. Tomorrow we will visit the actual Tower. I am in love with Paris. I think I could live here.


They have all these colord doors in our neighborhood. I am taking pictures of all of them. So fun.

These are the stairs in our hotel. Everyday we climb three flights of these stairs to get to our room. No elevators here.

Here are the stairs we climbed to get to the top of the Arc de Triomphe. Crazy amount of steps. I thought I was going to have a heart attack by the time we got to the top. Good thing I didn't know ahead of time that we were going to the top by stairs. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

You can't imagine the detail that is on the Arc. It is amazing. Everything is so huge and breathtaking in this city. I took a video of the cars going around the Arc. It is quite an art to changing lanes because there are no lines.


5 comments:

Kim Padden said...

I'm so glad you are getting to have this experience Teri Leigh. You are such a sweet and giving person and you truly deserve such a magnificent gift. I can't wait to hear all about your trip and to see all the wonderful pictures!

Hugs,

Kim

Healing Expressions said...

Oh Teri..I am so happy for you and the wonderful opportunity this is for you to experience life and see new things! I can't wait to see your face in person as you share what a blast this trip surely will have been!
Hugs!

snazzykc said...

Can you even imagine if you had gone with 60 extra pounds!!
So glad to see you are having a grand time.

love,k

michelle allen said...

HOW FUN! I'm so jealous :)
Can't wait to hear all the details. You're going to come back even more inspired!!
xoxo,
michelle

Anonymous said...

AAAAAH!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Isn't it AMAZING??!! I promise you, it will take a month at least to get used to the coffee here when you get back, isn't the coffee incredible there?? And the views, and the history, and the art, and the people, and the Metro, and the...

Oh, I'm so happy with you. I'm praying everyday!
God bless you dear one!
florence