Thursday, March 12, 2009

Robin Red Breast

I woke early this morning around 4:30am. Not that I wanted to, mind you, but the brain kicked into gear and there was no more sleep after that. I finally got up and wandered downstairs to get my morning cup of coffee. As I was waiting for the coffee to pour into my cup, gotta love that Keurig, I looked outside. I had at least 50 Robins in my backyard and more in the front yard. I have never seen so many of them in one spot in my whole life. There was even a baby one who breast was more cream colored and had not turned yet. It was adorable. I wish I had a picture to show you but I stood there and enjoyed the sight instead of running for the camera. The sun was starting to shine and they were so happy to be out there pecking around. There really was no point to this post other than I thought it was amazing that there were so many of them.

I got ready and led a women's bible study on focused living/purpose then headed over to Barnes & Nobles to pick up a couple of Paris tour guides. Yippee! My heart skips a beat every time I imagine myself standing in Paris taking pictures. As I was looking at all the tour guides a friend of mine who I taught how to art journal this week, called to ask if I would teach her whole bible study how to art journal what they are learning in the study. This is my friend who claims she is not artistic. She had so much fun art journaling she wants others to know how to do it too. You don't have to ask me twice. I'm all over that. So much goodness going on right now I don't know if I can stand it. Of course, there was kid trouble last night but I am refusing to let it ruin my joy. The sun is shining and that just makes it all the better.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like it was a great day. (minus the few hours of sleep) What a neat opportunity to teach the bible study class how to journal. I think the visual aspect of journaling is something God can use. God has certainly used it in my life.
I am teaching visual journaling at a retreat in two weeks.

Oh, and I am enjoying a cup of coffee from my Keurig!!! :)

Unknown said...

And I'll be enjoying a cup or two from Mary's Keurig in about 3 weeks asI'm going to visit my baby sister!!! I just wanted to add I have had dozens of Robins in my front and back yard all week...it's our first sign of Spring here in VA. Have a grand time in Paris!
Bevie

Anonymous said...

Have fun Mary at your retreat. That would be so fun. And, Bev,Have a great trip and enjoy that coffee and visit with your sister.