Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. We went out last night instead because we have had long waits when we have gone out on Valentine's Day before and wanted to beat the rush. We had the best time and it was even more enjoyable because we went with friends. We started by going to the hospital to see our friends who had just delivered a baby boy. He was so beautiful and I got to hold him for a bit. Then we met some other friends for dinner at Stanfords. They had a Valentine special and it was fabulous. I had bread, deviled eggs with shrimp and bacon, tarragon grilled chicken breast with potatoes and asparagus, then creme brulee for desert. Whew, makes me full just talking about all that food. This whole weekend was about food. Today I fixed waffles and bacon for breakfast and New York steak with grilled vegetables and fries for dinner. I should have taken pictures but I was too busy eating and enjoying it all to remember to get my camera out. Just take my word on this, it was really really good. Now, I will have to be careful for a month to make up for all those calories. Then my DH sent me a pajamagram in pink of course and a painting I ordered from Cindy showed up today. Check out her etsy shop. She even sent along a beautiful card with a mini-canvas painting as an added surprise. It has been a pretty good weekend and it is not even over yet.

I got to play in my art room today and painted an abstract painting and worked on this journal page. I am loving Saturdays. I'm still working on the painting but I will show you when I finish.

I hope that you have those you love close to you and can show them how much they mean to you. Don't take them for granted for one minute. Spend as much time with them as you can and cherish each second.

Lastly, I want to send a little blog love out to you all that stopped by today.
Consider yourself hugged :)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy Valentine's Day - your day/s sounded great.

Kim Padden said...

Teri, it sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day. I'm happy you had such a wonderful day. You deserve it. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks ladies! I hope yours was just as good