Saturday, February 21, 2009

Be Creative

This is a huge concept for me. I keep hearing the interviews that Jamie Riddler is doing over at Next Chapter and the artists keep saying the same thing. Don't wait until you are in the mood to create, just do something and your muse will show up. My life is so full of chaos that I find that I am more tired than inspired. The one thing that helps me to come out of this dismal place is to just open up my journal and look at the colors, feel the textures, smell the paint and start making marks on the page. My inner self gets quiet and peaceful and soon I find that ideas start to flow. That is about all I can ask for right now.

I love this line by Minnie Richard Smith:
Diamonds are only chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs, you see.
*
Lately I have felt like a lump of coal but who knows what I will end up being if I just stick to the process of creating art.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for the inspirational journal page.

Jen said...

Great page! I too have found that sometimes just getting out my paper and pens and stickers and playing inspires me to do a scrapbook page. Or just writing a few words in my journal will suddenly unleash a whole flood of thoughts that I didn't even realize was there.
BTW, thanks for the blog award (I know, I'm a little late, but I've been without computer or internet since last fall).
TTYS!

Sharon Goemaere said...

Hey Teri!
Just stopping by to say hi!Still love your blog,just having issues with dial up so have been unable to visit as I barely get mail tended too when online...Love~Sharon