Thursday, February 5, 2009

Connect the Dots

I woke up this morning and things seemed like it had possibilities. It is amazing what a good nights sleep can do to your attitude on the day. Anyway, I was thinking about how there are a lot of good things to do in the course of a day, week or year but what is the best thing? Our choices can be so many that we get overwhelmed with what to do. I have done just about every kind of craft and type of art there is but a few years ago I felt that I needed to focus and limit my creativity to three areas. Now I am feeling the need to revise that again. I was reading in chapter two of The Creative Call and the idea was expressed that God, the Creator, creates through us. If we listen carefully we can hear what He wants us to express through our art. I like that idea. I like it a lot. I don't have to worry about what to do, I just need stay connected to the Creator and let the creativity flow. The book encourages writing regularly in a journal to let the flow come out on paper. I love to work in my art journal but I find just writing in a journal harder to do. Hm, maybe I should give it a try. Something to consider anyway.

3 comments:

Healing Expressions said...

Beautiful page Teri! Love the image of that girl walking into all kinds of new possibilities! I am still trying to make my way back to pages. Love the reflection you spoke of from the book. I think it will be great to chat about!

Mary said...

Teri great page!! I too like the girl walking into her future. Choosing the best over the good. I really do need to pull out my copy of the Creative Call and go through it again. Begin the daily writing again. Okay, gonna go grab it right now!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the post!!
Blessings to you on this Friday!!!!

ch said...

~If we listen carefully we can hear what He wants us to express through our art.~

I really like this idea too!

I love your journal pages!

I think I need to pick up a copy of the Creative Call. It sounds inspiring.