Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Altered book

Yesterday a friend of mine came over and helped me to alter this book. I found some old books at a garage sale and decided that I wanted to make them into journals. I always get these great ideas when I don't have a clue how to do it. Fortunately for me, Jaron was willing to come to my house and teach me how to rip out the existing pages and replace them with drawing paper for a great little journal. Thanks Jaron!!! I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of them. The other books are so cute with fun titles on the front but I wanted to start with the plain one first in case I messed it up. I don't know what I am going to do with a bunch of journals, maybe I will have to have a give-a-way. I'll see how it goes with the rest. The inside cover of this one has a cute mini floral print in green and the pink beads just set it of so well. I guess, you normally cover the outside too but I just love the feel and look of old books and so I decided to leave it the way it was. It felt like I was destroying the book enough to rip it's insides out, I just couldn't do that to the outside too. Well, I am off for the day of meetings. Hope you have a good one!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I love what you have done with this - what a great idea.

Mary said...

I love this!! What kind of paper did you put in it??

Anonymous said...

I used 70lb white drawing paper. It is very close to card stock.

Unknown said...

I like it uncovered! Have fun making all your books - it's an addicting hobby. Thanks for having me over to play!

snazzykc said...

Hey, neat idea. I hadn't seen this before...