Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday update

Thinking about 2009 brings so much wonder and possibilities. What will the new year hold? Last year at this time a blog was the last thing on my mind. In fact, I hated even reading blogs and had just heard of art journaling so now I wonder what new thing will be in my future.

I have not been in the mood to blog this week. I've been spending time with family and finally getting out after being snowed in for a few days. I enjoyed the snow while it lasted but enjoyed it being gone just as much so that I could get around town and not worry about safety. We had a wonderful white Christmas and I was blessed with many new art supplies. I have been having fun with my Pan Pastels. They are so smooth and come in yummy colors. I got the drawing set but I think I will get more in other colors because I love them so much. I got some art books of which I will blog about later once I get a chance to look through them. I also got Colorsoft colored pencils. They are wonderful colors and if you didn't have a set of colored pencils that you liked I would recommend them because they have a soft lead that is very nice to color with. I keep hearing other artists talk about Pitt pens and was curious what they were like. They are exactly like Micron pens. I did get them in brown which is really nice since I only had black pens to do my outlining in. I have this obsession with pens. Never can have enough pens and they all are needed, you see, for different techniques in my journal. Just talking about it makes me want to go do a page right now.
I am teaching a class on art journaling on New Years Day and I hope it goes well. I am so excited to introduce these ladies who have never done art journaling before all the fun and exciting ways to create a page. I hope they fall in love with it like I am.
Well, I am going to have to go. My kitty has made her way into my lap and taken over the keyboard. I have set her aside five times and she is a persistent one and has made her way back onto my lap and laid her paws on my hands so it is hard to type. Silly kitty :)



3 comments:

Brenda said...

Can't wait to see what you do with all your wonderful new art supplies. You will rock teaching the art journal classes. Happy New Year - I wonder what it will bring for us.

michelle allen said...

Happy New Year Teri! Sounds like you got some goodies for Christmas. yay! Can't wait to see your journal pages in person. They're looking great.

snazzykc said...

Hope your class goes well, I am liking the pages where you add in paper empheria. I looked for the magazine today when I was at B&N at Jantzen Beach today, but they didn't have it.