Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Forty Pounds!

I am celebrating today. I reached the 40lb mark on my weight loss journey. I am giving myself a shout out, "GREAT JOB!" I started in August and have been very faithful to stick to the program and it has paid off. I still have 10-20 lbs to go so it is not over yet but for some reason this was the goal that made me want to celebrate. I am learning how my life is not about food but that food is for energy and health. I can't say I am there yet but I am closer to that goal too. Praise God for self control that only comes from Him. On my own I am out of control. I am soaking up success today because you never know what will be right around the corner. I hope you will stop with me and enjoy moments of success in your own life as time is quickly whizzing past. It will be a new year before we know it.

4 comments:

snazzykc said...

yahoo-I did the other post first and then read this one..you can do it!!

Kim Padden said...

Congratulations Teri! I know just how hard it is to lose weight. I need to lose about 60 pounds. Maybe next year will be my year. :) No, not maybe. It *will* be my year. Believe it and it will happen, right? :)

Mary said...

Congrats!!! Okay, how did you do it? I need to loose about 40lbs. It seems the older I get it just creeps on and on!!!

Brenda said...

Congratulations! You should be very pleased with your efforts. I need to lose some weight too, after Christmas :-)