Friday, December 12, 2008

Snowman

What a fun day I had today. Met with some fellow artists and made snowmen. I forgot my camera so I will have to wait for the other gals to post theirs so you can see all the others. I had never worked on this type of medium before. I think it was called India( don't have a clue as to how it is spelled). Michelle, who hosted our gathering cut the board into snowman shapes. Everyone of our snowmen where totally different. Michelle was using a power drill on hers and Lani was glamming hers up with beads and lip gloss. Paulette didn't have very long to work on hers but to her surprise she was able to finish and, of course, it turned out amazing. Karla was still working on hers when I left so I will have to see her photo to see how hers turned out. It was such a fun afternoon and now I have a decoration for my house. The first thing my son said was, "did you pound that nail in by yourself?" I do tend to play helpless around here so that I don't have to do all the work. I stamped the word wish for the mouth and Let it Snow on the base. It might be more than a wish tomorrow. We might actually see some snow in our area. I hope it waits to come until after I go to my collage card making class tomorrow.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh I love your snowman, wish I could have been there too! I'll think of you while I am vacationing in the sun, especially if it gets hot, and I'll wish I had some snow! Talk to you when I get back.

michelle allen said...

your snowman turned out so wonderful Teri! i will hopefully do a blog post tomorrow, i got a great picture of you and your guy. have a super Sunday.