Thursday, May 8, 2008

Taylor's Timepiece


I am going to showcase each day some of the art projects that I made at Art & Soul. This was actually my last class and was project oriented. Some of the classes I took were technique focused and so I didn't walk out of the class with a finished project. The clock started out as a white piece of Stampboard. I had never used this product before and found that I loved it. I covered it with inks and paint and rubber stamped the images then went back and used a small tool to scratch the paint off to create the white background you see. If I didn't scratch too hard then the color is more yellow. I added glitter embellishment and drilled a hole for the clock pieces. Even the second hand has red glitter on it. The final touch was gluing ribbon to the sides of the clock. This is going to be in my art room so I can keep better track of my time while I am out there. If you take a close look, I stamped "Time flies" right under the crown to remind me of that fact. Chrissie Hines was the teacher and she was fantastic. I was so tired by this point I wasn't sure I could make anything but I ended up really liking it. I loved the Stampboard (http://www.ampersandart.com/)and hope to use it again in the future.

No comments: