Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!
I have had a very nice Mother's day. My boys went together to buy me a dozen roses in my favorite color and I wish you could smell them because they are heavenly. They also got me a small pink teddy bear and ordered me those Sharpie poster paint pens that I have been going on and on about. They will be here in the mail hopefully this week. I am so excited to try them out. My daughter is going to take me out for lunch and a movie. It is very nostalgic for us both because we used to have alone time doing that together. My other daughter lives on the East coast and will call later. I know this because she emailed me to tell me she would. I am hoping for a nap and my husband and I are going to watch PS I Love You today. It doesn't get much better than that. The sun has even made an appearance. Motherhood is the hardest and yet the most rewarding job. Most of the time you wonder what you were thinking when you thought you could be a mother and then they do the nicest thing and you think it will be OK. Our pastor read a passage today about the struggle of birthing a child bring joy in the end. The struggles in life sure are hard but God uses it all to bring us joy if we are dependant on Him. Well, today I will focus on the joy and save the rest for another day. :) blessings to you all!
Art Journal Challenge
I am realizing that I need to post my first day of art challenge but I may wait until tomorrow to post today's page. Then if I have to do any of my pages at night I will always be a day behind so it won't matter. Any one going to join me?

No comments: