Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cure for the blues

The last couple of days I have been low on energy. Always happens when the weather changes. Sinus headaches appear out of nowhere and BAM, I have the hardest time functioning. I've also been dealing with watching a couple of my kids go through heartaches that I can't fix. I feel so bad for them and all I can say is that I'm sorry that they are going through this. Life is just hard but that makes the blessings so much sweeter too. I used to fight the hard times, now I know that they make me stronger and I learn so much from them. Don't get me wrong, I would just as soon skip this part but I seem to have a lot to learn because there always seems to be something brewing on the horizon. OK, enough of the doom and gloom. What makes my heart rejoice, that is much more fun to focus on.
1. Creating art
2. Listening to birds sing
3. Getting a compliment that is genuine
4. Completing a project
5. Getting a word from God
6. Laughing with friends
7. Helping someone learn something new
8. A clean house
9. Coming home to a joyous welcome
10. Experiencing the beauty of nature

I've already experienced 1,2, 7, 9 and 10 this week. WOW, that already makes me feel better. I should try this every time I feel low.

No comments: