Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Love Painting

I love painting. I have been thinking about this for awhile. What medium do I want to focus on. You can't get good if you do it all. All the great artists worked primarily in one medium. I think I like painting with acrylics the best. I'm not very good but when I am done I feel like I have accomplished the most. I like the feel of the page when it has acrylic paint on it. It bends and falls into your hand almost like fabric. Thick but flexible. My second choice would be using my watercolor crayons. The page doesn't feel as good but I like the look. There is just something about holding the paint brush, making brush strokes on the page, twirling the brush around in the water and wiping it on the rag. It is beautiful. Paint in pens, paint in daubers and any other way of putting paint on a page just appeals to me. When I sit in my art room and decide what I want to put on the page I look at the stacks of paper I own and yet it is the paint drawer that I pull out. I have to say that I am a very messy painter though. I seem to be wearing paint on my arms many days lately and I don't even mind much. A sure sign that I do indeed love painting.

I only have one week left on the 21 day art journal challenge. I'm not sure I will want to stop. There is a part of me that needs to create everyday. Only time will tell.

No comments: