Monday, March 10, 2008

My Journey of Discovery

If I had to pick one word that would describe my journey right now it would be DISCOVERY. Discovering who I am, what I like, new horizons and how I fit into this new adventure I am on. You would think by this time in my life I would have figured out who I am but suddenly it seems that all the pieces of my life are merging together into ME. Art was a part of my early years, then there was music, fashion, crafts, kids and women's ministry. Now I am discovering that all those things work together to make a unique me. I don't have to choose just one thing to focus on. I am discovering for me what it looks like to combine all those interests. I can be a fashionable, creative/artistic women who loves kids and helps women while listening to music. HA! And part of discovery is playing and experimenting. Giving myself permission to make mistakes and look at them as a learning experience. So what if I make art that no one likes. If I make it and like it then that is what matters. If I don't like it then how can I make it into something I do like. I am choosing to believe that God has a purpose for me and when I use the abilities and passions He has given me to bring Him glory then I am truly living. I'm learning to enjoy life and believe in myself to be who I am and not what someone else wants me to be. I am me and there is no way around it.

No comments: