Tuesday, November 4, 2008

This Way?


Have you ever struggled with fear? Lately, I have been pretty sure that I'm supposed to do something but I have brushed it off saying to myself that I must have heard it wrong. I mean, who am I anyway? How could this huge plan be the path I am to follow. At first it was just an idea in my head, then a whisper in my heart and now I see huge signs pointing me to move ahead.
Today I got an email from Mary Southerland. She was talking about a situation where she had agreed to play the organ for a 2000 person rally after only 8 lessons and how God had made it possible. Here is what she says.

Nothing is impossible or out of reach when you factor God into the equation. Still, we are often guilty of trying to convince Him that our weaknesses exempt us from walking by faith and not by sight but God has always allowed man's weakness to validate man's immeasurable need of His redemption and His sufficiency. He can and will use us if we allow Him to do so. We are not the message, just the messenger. Our weaknesses are not excuses to escape God's plan but divinely appointed opportunities for that plan to work.

Sometimes walking out our faith and following the path laid out for us is not easy. Quite often it requires great sacrifice, obedience and humility. I know I am not the first to question and ask, "are you sure you know what you are doing because I could very easily fall flat on my face and look like a fool?" It all comes back to the fact that it is not about me, it is about what God wants to accomplish through me and I need to be a willing and ready tool in His hands. Big gulp! OK Lord, lead on.

Where are the signs pointing you? What step of obedience do you need to make today?

PS. These watercolor pencils are so great. Everyone should try them.

No comments: