Thursday, November 20, 2008

On a Thursday

I got a couple of new books in the mail this week and wanted to tell you about them. The first one is called, "Your Words, Your Story" by Michele skinner. It is a book to help you develop your own voice when writing in a scrapbook, journal or blogging. There all kinds of ideas of topics and ideas to get you started. If you are a scrapbooker then you can get ideas from the layouts as well.

The other book is called, "Life is a Verb" by Patti Digh. It is a beautiful illustrated book but there is a lot or reading as you work through exercises to help you live life more intentionally. It also is designed to develop the wonder of a child in yourself as you go through each day. She encourages you to engage with the book and write in the margins about what you are thinking as you read it. There are extra large margins for this very purpose. She has exercises at the end of each chapter for you to complete. If you love quotes and stories, this book is full of them. I am enjoying it so far and I hope that it continues to be good all the way through. It is not written from a Christian perspective and there are some quotes and poems I have not agreed with but overall it is a fun, whimsical book to get you out of the serious thinking we do everyday. Which is kind of unusual since the whole premise is what would you do if you only had 37 days to live?
OK, that's all I have for now. I hope you have a thankful Thursday
Things I am thankful for:
Time to read some of my new books
My family with all their quirks
Wonderful coffee
A warm house to live in
This blog and those who visit it
Journals to write and create art in
Friends that take the time to send notes and call
The Author of my faith
My camera to record memories with
Beautiful, sparkly pink things
Laughter
Date night with my husband
Hugs from my grandchild
What are some things you are thankful for today?

No comments: