Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Life Lived Out Loud

Laying around does not agree with me. I was bored and wrote a poem. It was based on Life is a Verb and this quote by Cecil Beaton; Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.
A Life Lived Out loud

I’ve come to decide
That my life needs to come alive
To be lived out loud
Even crazy at times

Not against my own morals
But bordering on the absurd
Silly and fun
Slow down and skip instead of running with the herd

Open my eyes to the wonder all around
Notice the insignificant
Seeing the moments
and hearing the sounds

To feel the passion
To know your true self
Not caring about appearance
Not pretending to be someone else

Living your dreams
Fulfilling your calling
Knowing you’ve lived
A life worth knowing

Oh, a life full of being, enjoying and living
Many will question and give raised eyebrow looks
But inside their own hearts
Are yearning for this life misunderstood

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Wonderful poem, thanks Teri Leigh