Saturday, November 15, 2008

Finished paintings

I finished my paintings today. I wish I could take better pictures so you could see the details but this is as good as it gets for now. I decided to do two paintings at the same time so that I could get extra practice and they are very different from one another. You can see the process pictures on my flickr site. I may do a little more tweaking with them both but I'm not sure. this painting is called Dawn's Holy light. I can see her at the church candle light service letting her light shine brightly.
This gal has seen some hard time lately and the message to her is to not give up. Hope is there and all she needs is some quiet meditation to focus her for the road ahead. I love her steady gaze. She is not afraid but there is a sadness about her at the same time. There is so much to be seen in the eyes. Both of these are so much better in person. I learned so much form Paulette Insall. She is an excellent teacher. I would recommend her on-line classes for sure.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I love your paintings - won't you just miss the classes each week? I so looked forward to Tuesday mornings here (in Australia).

Kim Padden said...

You've done such a great job with the shading in both of these. They came out so good. I love Dawn's Holy Light especially.

I'm still working on my first painting. I'm determined to finish it today and start practicing some more faces. I want to get as much practice in as possible before our extra two weeks are up so I can watch the videos as much as I need to in order to remember the techniques.

I hope you'll continue to paint faces. You have such a nice unique style emerging. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I am planning on doing some more painting too. So many steps I hope that I remember them all. Now that I have an idea of the process I want to experiment with color a bit.

Anonymous said...

Teri... your faces are great and I love the stories behind them.

Paulette is such a wonderful teacher... I totally agree... and inspirational.

I am three lessons behind and waiting for my crayons to show up in the mail. Hopefully I will finish my first gal this weekend... I'll let you know. I was disappointed that I couldn't partake of the class chats and get to know some of my "classmates" but life has been very full lately... that's all I can say!

Hugs to you my friend! Keep painting and creating what's in your heart!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness Teri! love em! what i really love too is that you took what Paulette taught but still made it your own. there are so many artists out there right now that are too borderline on making it their own and it looking too much like the teaching artist. they're beautiful! can't wait to see them in person!