Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Encouragement + Love

Today I read this quote by Robert T. Allen and loved it:
The truth is that everything that can be accomplished by showing a person when he's wrong, ten times as much can be accomplished by showing him where he is right.
The reason we don't do it so often is that it's more fun to throw a rock through a window
than to put in a pane of glass.
As it happened I was also reading in I Corinthians 13 today and heard a similar thing.
If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and new everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be?
There are three things that will endure - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love.
I am encouraged today to look for the good in people and situations and love them.
There are enough people in their lives taking the other side.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Very wise words - concentrate on the positive