Saturday, October 17, 2009

Calgary

The morning started out with a beautiful rainbow with the mountains as a backdrop.

Then we headed over to Calgary to do a little sight seeing and to go to the top of the
Calgary Tower.

You get a 360 view of the city from up on top. They also built it with a glass floor and it is the freakiest feeling looking all the way down to the street with only glass between you and a
525 ft drop.

I am talking really freaky!
My head started to spin while I was standing there.

Here is one of the views from the top. You can see forever.

A cup of tea anyone?
These lovely ladies were in the Olympic park

This sweet bird was hanging out in the Olympic park also.

It was a great day.
We also got to see the Olympic training center.
They are definitely getting very excited up here about the Olympics coming to Canada.
We start heading home tomorrow and the time has gone by way too fast.

2 comments:

snazzykc said...

beautiful...

Anonymous said...

I love that cute beaver in the uniform :)

Here in Chicago they just put a glass floor into the former Sears Tower, you've inspired me to go sightseeing in my own town, now...