Friday, October 30, 2009

50 Things

Well, I finally finished my list of the 50 things I want to do before I turn 50. It took me awhile. Some of the things are simple and some are big. My friend Michelle was doing a list and blogged about it and so I decided to give it a try. I decided to give myself a little more time so I have till August 2011 to finish my list. I will keep you all updated on how it goes. I already want to cross some things off so I think this is going to motivate me. Should be fun trying anyway.
1. Open Etsy shop
2. Submit journal to magazine
3. Start exercising 3Xweek
4. Take a Photoshop class
5. Declutter house
6. Keep journal for Cameron
7. Go garage saleing
8. Play golf
9. Give something away
10. Send a card for no reason
11. Save money
12. Get a massage
13. Ride a bicycle
14. Attend 30 year class reunion
15. Ride the OHSU tram
16. Tour the Portland Art museum
17. Design a stamp
18. Read through the Bible
19. Maintain weight
20. Read 20 books
21. Take a balloon ride
22. Travel to Ireland
23. Get Janerie on-line
24. Take a photography class
25. Organize my art studio
26. Learn French
27. Write a letter
28. Do something for charity
29. Invest in friendships
30. Have family dinners
31. Go see Oprah
32. Work through “100 ways to simplify your life”
33. Take a walk through Lewisville Park
34. Knit an afgan
35. Vacation in Canada
36. Find a heart shaped rock
37. Catalog all digiatal downloads
38. Do a give-a-way on my blog
39. Take Cameron to Disneyland
40. Play tennis
41. Re-design kitchen
42. Teach art journaling to a newbie
43. Play tourist in Portland
44. Take an art class
45. Do something fun with my kids
46. Try new art journal technique
47. Lead an art journal biblestudy
48. Journal about everything on this list
49. Finish this list and post it on my blog
50. Go back to Paris

13 comments:

she dreams big! said...

I hope you accomplish all of your goals but I hope you are also starting to make a list of things to do AFTER you are 50! That is when the fun really starts!

Teri Leigh said...

That is good to know because I have so much more I want to do.

Unknown said...

What a great idea Terri. I'll be turning 50 in April and I've done none of the things I thought I would by now. I think I ought to follow suite and try to do a list myself. Unfortunately it won't be those things I thought I'd be able to do with the millions of dollars I was supposed to have by now ~ so it will just have to be an altered list. I hope you accomplish everything you hope to and more. Be sure to keep us updated.

Happy Halloween...Tracy

Also, I'm having a fun fall giveaway. Stop by and enter.

Tara said...

Great idea. Wish I had thought of that before I turned 50 last month. Oh well, I can start and AFTER 50 list!
Hugs.

Poppyseed Vintage said...

What a wonderful and inspiring idea Teri! I have some similar goals for Portland...I live 2 hours away and have only been a handful of times because it seems so overwhelming and I've gotten lost a few times already! (o:

Good luck with your list!

Poppyseed Vintage said...

What a wonderful and inspiring idea Teri! I have some similar goals for Portland...I live 2 hours away and have only been a handful of times because it seems so overwhelming and I've gotten lost a few times already! (o:

Good luck with your list!

snazzykc said...

You are inspiring...I only have one goal before 50...get to a healthy weight!

Mary said...

good goals teri!
i guess my list would be 50 things before I hit 60!! yikes!!!!!!

I tell ya, the 50's have been the best!!! :)

Hugs!!

Teri Leigh said...

I think the idea is to do a list every year but I knew I wouldn't get 49 things done this year so I made it 50 for the following year and it may be doable. Good luck everyone on your lists. Let me know if you post one, I would love to see it.

Mary said...

Hi Terri,

I found your website on your Facebook profile via Julie Points' profile. I feel like that's a little creepy, but I nose around anyway.
I love what you're doing! This is beautiful! And if you're ever interested in knocking off #43 (teach art journaling to a newbie) I'd be happy to help (seriously).

Mary (Root) Portukalian

Butterfly Works said...

The best is yet to come...hard to believe I know but truly the 50's are wonderful years...freedom to explore outside and inside...it's good you're thinking in terms of goals because if you don't ever think about it you probably won't do it.....

spindelmaker said...

I like your list, Teri!
I hope you don´t mind that I linked to you from mine :-)

Poppyseed Vintage said...

Love your list! I found your blog from Mary Freeman's blog. I especially liked your entry to lead an art journal Bible study. I've wanted to do that as well, but haven't set any goals, or thought out a plan yet. Have you made any progress?

Francie