Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Merry-go-Round

Yesterday I got to spend the day with my daughters. It was a fun day and we took my grand baby on the Merry-go-round for the first time. Here you can see him with Aunt Amanda. We went to lunch afterwards and enjoyed burgers at Red Robin and then I headed home to finish laundry and work on paperwork. That part doesn't seem very exciting but I love the quiet. I take it in any form I can get it. This week is so much better than last. I was on my own merry-go-round that was spinning wildly out of control and leaving me dizzy and sick. What a contrast to this week. Whew, Thank you Lord!

Tomorrow I am so excited about meeting my new art journal buddies. I have been praying for like minded souls to come into my life to share this art journaling passion that I have. God has been faithful and a new group is forming out of those He has brought into my life. Words can't express how excited I am about this. It is Christmas come early for me. I have been joining groups on-line but there is just something different about talking to someone in person, sharing ideas and resources and encouraging one another. Whatever your passion is, I hope you have a group of people to share it with. I had no idea how to even go about finding anyone in my town but it has happened because of prayer and I know it will continue to grow as word gets out. I want to cry I am so happy about this. Instead I think I will do the happy dance :)

3 comments:

snazzykc said...

It is fantastic that you found some ladies wanting to do this with you. I am praying that it will be an exciting time of growth for all of you!

Paulette Insall ~ Reflecting Colors of the Soul said...

I've been praying for the very same thing Teri! Oh how wonderful it would be to have other Christian artists to share with like that face to face! I've been trying to do more art journaling, but am having a hard time getting any momentum. Are y'all meeting in Washington (saw that it was held at Lani Kent's house)? If so, wow what a small world! I'm probably only 30-40 minutes from her I think.

Anonymous said...

your grandson is so cute! : )
sounds like our journaling group is growing. how fun is that! looking forward to our next meeting.