I have been thinking about becoming a life coach. Not serious enough yet to do anything about it but the thought is dangling out there and reappears on a regular basis. Anyway, I ran across this article and it is really good about how to be your own life coach.
Victoria Moran listed 10 questions to ask yourself. They would be good questions to journal through. For those interested, the link below explains them in detail.
Here are the questions:
1. Is this good for me? Is this good for me today, next week, in 10years, physically mentally and spiritually?
2. What does my Body have to say about this? Do you feel a yes in your heart or dread in your gut?
3. What are my values? Know them by heart so that you can apply them.
4. What would Jesus do? He is your on-call mentor.
5. What am I not seeing? Often what we are not seeing is what we don't want to see.
6. What really matters here? Evaluate not only right and wrong but more important to less important.
7. Where should I act and where should I step back? What is your given part in this situation? Remind yourself that although life is a series of mini dramas none of them need a drama queen.
8. What would make me genuinely happy? (that won't make you unhappy later) Make a list of things that make you happy and do some everyday.
9. Who has some guidance for me right now? Take some deep breaths and let names come to your mind then use your rational mind to sort through them to find someone who could truly help.
10. What is the divine, intention for my life today? (God's will)