Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A just "ok" day of painting

I spent some time in my studio yesterday.  I really would like to get to the point where I am painting a little everyday but it feels like my life still has too many distractions.  I will set aside time in my studio and that will be the time someone decides they need me for whatever reason.  The days I don't have studio time planned, no one will call for days.  I find that very weird. 

I felt out of sorts while painting yesterday and didn't like the direction that the painting was going but felt like I needed to follow it through.  When I got up this morning and looked with fresh eyes, she had started to kinda grow on me. I still can't figure out what to do with the mouth.  Sometimes just starring at a painting for days will give insight.  I think I will set her aside and see what comes to me. I know it is not right yet because I have an unsettled feeling about it.  When it is finished I will feel it in my gut. 

2 comments:

Poetic Artist said...

At least you got in your studio and had some time to paint.
Isnt it strange how we just know it is not finished.

Jen said...

I like it - I can see how she would grow on you! I know what you mean about trying to set aside time to work on creative pursuits and then end up with a million distractions.