Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hippy Convention aka Portland


I went out this morning and met a friend for coffee in Portland then stopped by my niece's house to chat a bit. When I got home I checked in with the guy who is doing some of our remodeling. When I poked my head into the familyroom he sized me up and said, "where have you been, to a hippy convention?" It was so funny to me and I can't stop laughing. Maybe my sixties roots are coming out. I was pretty excited to wear the vintage necklace I bought in a Paris flea market though and stashed away in the back of my jewelry box was a pair of earrings that matched it perfectly. Unbelievable. When you never throw anything away; you have all kinds of treasures to uncover. I am trying to rectify that problem, as you know, but jewelry will be the absolute last on my list to de-clutter, if ever.

3 comments:

snazzykc said...

You are looking cute...

Mary said...

You look absolutely adorable!!
I love the 60's look, always have, always will!!!

Stanley Sawyer said...

This is a great postt