Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ground Hog Day!

I hope everyone had a great
Ground Hog Day.
Every year my husband and I have a Ground Hog party. It is kind of crazy but fun at the same time. We are kind of crazy anyway. We started the evening with a simple dinner of potato soup, stew and Jambalaya (with ground hog, ha!). I couldn't decide what to fix so I fixed it all. Everyone had their favorite so I was glad that there was a variety.
Then, we cleared away the dishes and played the Ground Hog Game. It is a trivia game that has questions about the movie and about the holiday. You would be surprised how many people know nothing about this holiday. Some of our friends wouldn't have even known it was Ground Hog's day if they weren't coming to our house, shocking!
After we were done with that and prizes were distributed we settled in to watch the movie, Ground Hog Day. Three of the six people that came hadn't seen it before so that was fun.
It was a great evening full of laughter and food and good friends. The only bad part was that I totally forgot to take pictures. I am kicking myself over and over today. I get into hostess mode and taking pictures goes right out of my head. Now, there is not a thing I can do about it. UGH :(
Oh well, there is always next year.

1 comment:

she dreams big! said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all! Never knew anyone who actually celebrates Ground Hog Day! And the darn little guy predicted more winter! Yuk! --Connie