Sunday, May 17, 2009

My trip to Paris got me thinking. What if I play tourist in my own town or area. Whenever I am out I will look with new eyes just like if I was a tourist visiting for the first time. I will post those pictures once a week or as often as I have pictures to share. Yesterday we traveled to Yakima Washington to attend a funeral of my husband's great Aunt Mabel. What a sweet lady she was and loved by her family so much. She will be missed. On the way home I took some photos of things I saw.

I stopped to take a picture of the mountains and this really cool, dilapidated house was sitting there just waiting for me to photograph it.

We could see about four mountains at one time. This one is Mt. Hood. So beautiful.

I believe this one is Mt. Adams. On a warm clear day it is refreshing to see cool, crisp snow.

An inlet along side the road as we traveled down the Gorge. I have always loved tall weeds against the blue water. We traveled down the Washington side of the Gorge on our way to Yakima and then came back on the Oregon side. I thought the rolling hills on the Washington side were so amazing. It always makes me think of a movie I saw (The Never ending Story) where the mountains just stand up and they are actual giants. We stopped to stretch our legs at Multnomah Falls. Someday I will hike up there. The sun was starting to set and cast a glow on the falls. I'm so glad that we live in such a beautiful place.

1 comment:

snazzykc said...

I am so glad the weather was good for you guys, hope the trip was relaxing inspite of the circumstances.