Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday happenings

It seems that we are always so far behind the motivated Christmas tree, house decorating crowd. We decided to get a live tree again this year and it got delivered yesterday. Right now it sits on my front porch waiting to be brought in and decorated. It stands about 4 ft tall and is quite cute, if you ask me. My kids want a huge tree but when it comes to planting it outside after the holidays, you don't want something big to handle. I think it will be very nice once it is decorated. We will decorate it on the weekend when the whole family can be here. We also picked up a wreath to hang on the door while we were picking out our tree. I grew up with lots of decorations but for me simplicity is the answer to a relaxing holiday. We have lights on the house and a wreath on the door and three lighted trees in the yard. I'm good to go :)

Another journal page finished. I have been feeling so tired lately that in the evenings I haven't been working on pages like I usually do. I have been getting some reading in though as I sit in the doctors office with my boys. One got his wisdom teeth pulled and the other just found out he has asthma. Nothing too serious but good to get taken care of.
Right now I am reading Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs, book three in the Friday Night Knitting Club series. It is so chilly today, I would love to crawl under the covers and read all day.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I think live Christmas trees are a great idea - though we never had much luck with them continuing to live!! We must have not planted them correctly.

Beautiful wreath too!

lori vliegen said...

i agree....your tree is very cute.....have fun decorating it!! we haven't put up our tree either, maybe this weekend. i love your journal page! :))

karin said...

Girl...hope you are soon back to your spry self. I'm prayin'!

Mary said...

Teri,t he comment you left me today on yesterdays post lead right into today's post that I wrote before I saw your comment. Love when that happens!!

I want to see your tree when it is decorated!! :)

WingingIt said...

you are good....we have a silver foil tree from the sixties and the color wheel...ofcourse the color wheel doesn't work this year so we just choose a color for the evening...ha...last night it was blue! happy holidays
lorri-marie