Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Old photos and doilies


Here is the picture of my mom. I knew after I talked about her yesterday that some of you would be interested in seeing a picture. So now you can see how I come by the cheeks legitimately. I wish I knew how old she was but both my parents have passed on and so I have no way of knowing. I think she is lovely though whatever her age. I think I might even have her gown tucked away in my cedar chest. Do young girls have cedar chests anymore? I think they lost their purpose with my generation. All I do is store old stuff that I hardly ever look at. Being sentimental at heart, I couldn't get rid of it if I tried but it seems sad to never use any of it or have it on display somewhere. My grandmother crocheted beautiful tablecloths and doilies and my kids are very practical people and wouldn't know what to do with a doily or care to figure it out. What to do, what to do? Oh well, nothing I need to decide on today. Today, I have to figure out how to pack all the art supplies piled on my table so that they get to the East coast in one piece.

No comments: