Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm back


Well, I am back from the beach. I have to say that I really did not want to leave. It was so quiet and peaceful and I was just starting to relax. Five days would be perfect. Three just leaves me wanting more and seven would feel a little long. Anyhoo, it was a nice time away and productive too. I got some pages done in my journal and some crochet projects finished.

I don't know about you but I seem to wear pants and dresses that don't have pockets to carry my cell phone around in. And, I can pretty much gaurantee that if I go downstairs for anything my phone will ring. If I do take my phone then I set it down and leave it somewhere and am hunting through the house trying to find where I set it down. So, I designed some little purses to carry my cell phone around in. I got a little carried away because it was so fun so I think I will put some of them in my Etsy store. I am keeping the black/white/gray one for myself though. I am just loving how these have turned out.

They have really long handles so you can wear them cross ways on your body so they don't slip off your shoulder. Now I am hands free.

I was surfing the net and found a site recommended by a friend. I love this blog by Mandy Steward called Messycanvas. I wrote down a quote by her on this journal page because I could relate so much to what she was talking about in her blog post. I am finding that the more I look at other artists' work the more uncreative I become. The inner critic goes wild telling me how they are so much better than me and what was I thinking when I thought I could be an artist anyway. It really gets bad sometimes and I have to pray hard to silence the voices in my head. I am truly a tortured artist at times. That's when I know it is time to scale back and just create. I have seriously thought of completely shutting down all my on-line stuff but I don't think that is the answer either. Just do the best I can creatively and be OK with that. That's my goal.

I've also been hanging out with this cutie pie. Last night we took our first mom & tot tumbling class. Or, in my case, Mimi and tot class. I had to do all the stuff with him and boy was I tuckered out when we were done. The gymnastic center was jammed packed with kids everywhere and so I think he was a bit overwhelmed but we had a good time anyway. It is a 4 week trial so we will see how it goes. Gives me a chance to get some exercise too.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Welcome home, glad you had a good time.

I know what you mean about not enough time. It usually takes a few days to slow the pace and settle in.

The Whispering Creek House said...

teri! it is so good your back and with your creatity inspired! i would love to get one of your cell phone purses..they are amazing! also, can you send me your number again..i need to talk to you about something..hugs!

karin said...

So glad you had time to regroup. The bags are sooooo cute. Good job keeping up with the tot mimi!