Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Two stories

Three years ago, I was watching the TV show Bones and at the end they played a song that I just loved. I was curious who the singer was and after much research found out she was a new artist. Her name is Susan Enan and she lived in Ireland. She didn't have a cd out yet but she did have a website. In the next two years she moved to New York and started singing in pubs and nightclubs. Finally about a year ago she put out her first cd. Then this year she decided to do house concerts. Anyone could contact her to come to their home and sing for them and their family and friends. She toured Europe and then began her US tour. It was so exciting that one of her stops was in Portland, OR which is close to me. I was able to buy some tickets and see her perform. The people hosting had a backyard barbecue and she sang just six feet in front of me. We were able to talk to her and ask questions. It was so great. I didn't know anyone there except my husband two friends we took but we all had one thing in common, we had heard her on Bones and have been following her ever since. She has such a beautiful voice. You can follow the link above to listen to her music and see the vlog she is doing on her travels.

I am praising God for a miracle today. We built our house 16 years ago and in the last year have been slowly replacing appliances. When we picked out our dishwasher, we took the mid-range model which wasn't very good new but 16 years later and after much use and abuse is a glorified water sprayer and not a good one at that. So, we bought a new one Saturday and it arrived today. When the delivery/installers arrived they took one look and said they couldn't install it because there wasn't a shutoff valve under our sink. There was one across the room but that wasn't good enough. I looked at them and said, "wait just a minute, my plumber is out in the garage". I ran out to the garage where we just happen to have some work being done on our plumbing. He popped his head in and said it would take him five minutes to fix the problem. We all looked at each other in unbelief that this was all coming together. The installers were amazed. One of them said what a good idea it was for me to have a plumber on site and waiting in the garage. I was just praising God for working it all out. Now I have a beautiful new dishwasher just waiting for it's first run. Whoo Hoo!


2 comments:

Mary said...

God's timing is perfect isn't it. :)
And he cares about the little stuff of our lives.

I going to check out her site.

snazzykc said...

that is a totally awesome story and almost made me cry, well lots of things almost make me cry right now!