Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer is fading

I can't believe that August is already here. I don't know that I have accomplished any of the things that I should but I have slowed down and relaxed into the days. I have tried to enjoy each day for what it was and not have huge expectations. We have had some huge transitions this summer and so I have just stayed home, been there for my family and tried to keep the peace whenever possible. Chaos tends to reign so keeping peace is a full time job, let me tell you.

Last week was so hot around here that keeping cool was the order of the day. I did get a couple of pages done in my summer journal. The top page was from things that came in the mail like catalogs and a note from a dear friend.
This page came from my daily reading of the bible in Jeremiah 17. I have come to a place in my life where I am past putting on a face for people. You get what you get and it is not always pretty but Jeremiah reminded me that when we are going through tough times it is easier if our roots are planted by a stream and have been allowed to go deep.
I met with a friend that I haven't seen in a long time and she wants to start an art journal. I am so excited for her because I find so many nuggets of truth through the pages of my journals. Letting the pages create themselves and then speak to me of who I am and where I am and where I want to go is priceless. It is a conversation for me not just a place to create pretty pictures. It might have been the gallons of coffee I drank while we talked for hours catching up but I was shaking with excitement when we were done. To find another art journaler on the brink of discovery brings delight to my artistic soul. Welcome to the wonderful world of art journals my dear friend. I look forward to taking this journey with you.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I know what you mean about your journal speaking to you. I am amazed at what insights come from my visual journal. Sometimes, most times I begin without an end in mind, and love to see where it ends up. So neat that you can help a friend begin her journey with visual journaling. You will have much to share with her.

Hugs!

snazzykc said...

I love the yellow with the rose color-great combo...