Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Love & Singing

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing" (Zephaniah 3:17, NIV).

Don't you just love that verse? I was just thinking this week about singing praises to the Lord and here His Word tells me that He is singing them back to me. I remember when my kids were young and they had a hard time going to sleep, I would sing to them and rub their heads and backs so gently. It was a peaceful act of love that helped them to quiet their restless minds and bodies so that they could go to sleep. Now when I am anxious about stuff, I can remember that God is there to quiet me with His love and is rejoicing over me with singing. That is what I am thankful for today.

No comments: