Saturday, April 12, 2008

Digital organizing


I just got my new digital scrap book magazine in the mail and boy am I excited! http://www.digitalscrapbooking.com/ It gave me two very valuable tips that I want to tell you about. First, I can't believe that I didn't think of this myself but it is amazing. When I started to download tons of papers and embellishments I came to a place where I had to decide how I was going to organize all of it. I did the best I could do but still I have to sort through tons of files to find an element that I want to add to my page. I use Photoshop Elements to design and organize my photos but what I hadn't figured out until today is that you can pull all the papers and embellishments into the photo organizer and tag it. Then, when you want to find something all you have to do is click a button to see what you are looking for. I tried it out and shazam, there right before my eyes were all the orange papers. I tried it again and there were all my flowers. YEAH!!!! Can you tell how excited I am. The bad part is that now I have to go through my hundreds of files and tag everything. Oh well, I can take the time while I am watching TV to organize. I really am getting into this organizing thing. Whoo hoo! I got so excited I forgot what the other thing is I was going to tell you :0 Oh yeah, I learned how to make word books digitally. I made one for my Art & Soul trip. You have to see a picture to understand. It is really cool. I only made the template digitally but you can do it all on the computer if you want.You can see the picture above. I am going to try and finish up my craft orgainzation and will show you how that is going too. Check back tomorrow for the update.

No comments: